Contact forms | Devon & Cornwall Police
Devon & Cornwall Police logo
Devon and Cornwall is one of the
safest places to live in England and Wales

Non-emergencies 101 or Textphone 18001 101


Contact forms

Contact forms

The contact forms listed in the right-hand navigation go to the various departments listed below.

General enquiry form - 101 call centre

Use this general enquiry form to share information you think we should be interested in. You can use this rather than calling the 101 number.

Report a non-emergency crime

To report a non-emergency crime please use the Online Crime Reporting form. You can use this rather than calling the 101 number.

If you don't want to talk to the police you can contact Crimestoppers anonymously.

Crimestoppers 0800 555 111

To report a non-emergency crime or provide information on a criminal activity call CrimeStoppers on 0800 555 111 or complete the Crimestoppers online form.

Letter of appreciation - 101 call centre

The emailed letter of appreciation will be forwarded onto the appropriate person or department.

Lost or found property - 101 call centre

Please be as descriptive as possible when completing the lost or found property form. The call centre will enter the information into the lost property database and email you a lost property reference, which your Insurance company may require.

When you report something lost or found we record these details on our File and Property Tracking System.  This system will search for ‘matches’ so that we can marry up any lost / found property over the whole force area.  Each report generates an individual reference number which will be given to you over the phone or via email if you filled in the on line form.

Lost Passports

All passports are HM Government property and will be sent back to the passport service.  You will need a lost property reference number in order to apply for a new one. 

Lost Passport Advice Line – 0300 222 0000

Procument enquiry - Procument department

For more infromation please visit the Tender opportunities web pages.

Report use of drugs - 101 call centre

If you have any information relating to drugs in your area, regardless of how small you think it might be, please complete this Report use of drugs form. Your details will be treated in the strictest of confidence and may be the vital clue we need to assist us.

Request crime figures - FOI department

To request crime figures please use this form.

Website broken link - Web team.

Use this form to report a broken link you have come accross on this site the Local policing website and the Online crime reporting site.

Other reporting external websites

To Report Fraud use the Action Fraud site

Action Fraud is the UKs national fraud and internet crime reporting centre.  They provide a central point of contact for information about fraud and financially motivated internet crime.

This service is run by the National Fraud Authority together with the City Of London Police – to make sure your fraud reports reach the right people.

You can report fraud using the Action Fraud online reporting service or by calling 0300 123 2040.

Report Hate Crime

What is hate crime?

A hate crime or incident is any incident that may or may not be a criminal offence which is perceived by the victim or any other person as being motivated by prejudice or hate.

The prejudice or hate can be based on a number of factors including

  • Disability (including learning disabilities)
  • Race/ ethnicity
  • Religion or belief (including no belief)
  • Sexual orientation
  • Gender identity.

Hate Crime can take many forms including;

  • Verbal abuse or insults, offensive leaflets and posters, abusive gestures, dumping of rubbish outside homes or through letterboxes and bullying in the school or workplace
  • Threat of attack-including offensive letters, abusive obscene telephone calls and offensive comments on social networking sites
  • Physical attack-such as physical assault, damage to property, offensive graffiti, neighbour disputes and arson
  • So called 'mate crime' could also come under Hate Crime. 'Mate crime' is when somebody befriends a vulnerable person to take advantage of that vulnerability.

The lack of reporting is a major issue in relation to all hate crimes. Research shows that there are higher levels of hate crime taking place than are currently reported.

How to report hate crime

If you have witnessed or experienced hate crime you can report it in a number of ways:

By phone

  • Call 101 or in an emergency dial 999.
  • For practical advice and support call 101 and ask to speak to your local hate crime team.
  • Call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.

In person

  • Visit your local police station.
  • You can call into a third party reporting centre (i.e Registered Social Landlords offices).

Report online



Devon & Cornwall Police
Police Headquarters

Tel: 101
Tel: Textphone 18001 101.
Mobile: Text / SMS 999 for deaf, hard of hearing and the speech impaired
E-Mail: Click here

Your Area

Useful Links

  • Created: 26/10/2012 11:19:12 |
  • Modified: 31/07/2014 15:09:14

Back to top


Back to top

Devon & Cornwall Police, Police Headquarters, Middlemoor, Exeter, Devon, EX2 7HQ
Non-emergency number 101 for Devon & Cornwall Constabulary or Textphone 18001 101
Emergency number 999 or Text 80999 for deaf, hard of hearing and the speech impaired

© Devon & Cornwall Constabulary. All rights reserved.
Devon & Cornwall Police are not responsible for the content of external websites.