Telephone: 0901 470 0440
If you wish to join the scheme you must nominate keyholders. These are responsible people the police will contact should your home or business come to their attention.
Who should join?
If your home or business has a monitored alarm, with a police unique reference number, you should update your Alarm Company with the details of your current key holders.
You can join the scheme to cover incidents which could affect your property but would not necessarily activate your monitored alarm and alert the emergency services, such as, a flood caused by a burst water pipe or external criminal damage.
If you have an audible-only alarm, that is not monitored by a third party, inform your local authority of your key holders is advisable to join the police key holder scheme so that the emergency services have a point of contact should something happen while you are absent from your property.
What are the benefits?
- A rapid response to problems at your property.
- Authorities can quickly notify you of any impending danger such as flooding.
- Your information will be kept secure and will only be available to the emergency services.
- Your information can be easily updated.
- You can indicate your preferences for emergency repairers who we could call if we are unable to contact you.
How do I join?
You need to telephone 0901 470 0440 to register your details.
Calls on this premium line number are charged at £0.60p per minute. (Price correct at date of publication – July 2012)
The maximum cost of any call is £5.00, however, this is dependent on the length of the call being no more than eight minutes. (0.60p x 8 = £5.00). Once eight minutes have elapsed any extra time will be charged as an additional call or you may be required to re-dial to finish using the voice mail facility.
You will need to give the following details:
- Name of premises (plus URN number if there is a monitored alarm)
- Address and postcode
- Telephone number
Information for both keyholders:
- Full name
- Telephone number.
Any hazards at the address:
(Such as toxic substances, dogs, ponds, swimming pools).
Your preferences for emergency repairs for:
- Glazing - company name and telephone number
- Locksmith - company name and telephone number
- Other - company name and telephone number.
You will need to ring 0901 470 0440 every two years to ensure your entry is kept live on the system.