Application and notification forms | Devon & Cornwall Police
Devon & Cornwall Police logo
Devon and Cornwall is one of the
safest places to live in England and Wales

Non-emergencies 101 or Textphone 18001 101


Firearms and shotgun certificate

Application and notification forms

To download a document right-click on the link and choose the 'Save Target As...' in IE or 'Save Link As' in Firefox menu option. If you are having problems opening the file please download the latest version of adobe reader. (It is free)

Change of addresses and gun transfer notifications can now be sent to the E-mail address or via the Fax number in the right-hand column. Please make sure that full details of the address change or gun transfer are given to prevent any follow-up call.

Application Pack for Firearm, Shot Gun and Coterminous (Firearm and Shot Gun certificates that expire together) certificate

Application for a variation to a firearm certificate

Please note that you will need to enclose your current firearm certificate with the completed form. At question 13 enter all the firearms you wish to acquire including any unused variations from a previous request. Unused authorities are not automatically carried forward unless you request this.

If you are applying to increase the number of firearms you hold (including sound moderators) the fee is £26.00. A cheque or postal order should be made payable to PCC Devon & Cornwall. Alternatively you may pay by card payment by contacting the firearms licensing department.

UK Visitors permits

This form should be used to apply for a shotgun and/or firearm visitor permit. A sponsor on behalf of the visitor should complete the application. The sponsor does not need to be a certificate holder. The completed application form should be forwarded to the police force area under which the sponsor resides. A fee is payable (see sub heading 'payment charges for certificates').

If the visitor is resident in an EU country, their original (a photocopy is acceptable)  European Firearms Pass will be needed with the application form. If the visitor is resident in a country which is not registered as part of the EU, another form of supporting documentation will be required such as a firearm certificate or hunting certificate. As a last option a letter from the visitor’s local police authority will be required stating that the police are happy for the visitor to use firearms/shotguns whilst in this country.

Section 11(6) Authority – clay pigeon exemption

Use this form if you are organising a clay pigeon shooting event where non certificate holders may be participating. The attached form is for your convenience only and is not an offical form.

Transfer of shotguns & firearms

This form should be used if you have sold or acquired a shotgun, firearm or other component part. The attached form is for your convenience only and is not an official form. If you have any queries on what information the licensing department requires, please contact them (see sub heading 'contact details').

Change of address for existing certificate holders

If you have just moved or know the impending date of your house move you will need to notify the Firearms & Explosives Licensing Unit without undue delay. Failure to notify of such changes may result in prosecution. Please note that this forms one of the conditions on firearm and shotgun certificates. The attached form is for your convenience only and is not an official form.

Replacement firearm / shotgun certificate

If you have lost or had stolen your firearm or shotgun certificate you will need to apply for a replacement (fee payable). The attached form is for your convenience only and is not an official form.

Please include your payment when posting in your application. Please do not send cash.



Firearms & Explosives Licensing Department
Devon & Cornwall Police HQ

Tel: 01392 452880
Fax: 01392 452973
E-Mail: Click here

Your Area

  • Created: 28/05/2009 13:17:42 |
  • Modified: 10/10/2014 13:57:04

Back to top


Back to top

Devon & Cornwall Police, Police Headquarters, Middlemoor, Exeter, Devon, EX2 7HQ
Non-emergency number 101 for Devon & Cornwall Constabulary or Textphone 18001 101
Emergency number 999 or Text 80999 for deaf, hard of hearing and the speech impaired

© Devon & Cornwall Constabulary. All rights reserved.
Devon & Cornwall Police are not responsible for the content of external websites.