What if I don't want to tell the police? | Devon & Cornwall Police
Devon & Cornwall Police logo
Devon and Cornwall is one of the
safest places to live in England and Wales

Non-emergencies 101 or Textphone 18001 101


What if I don't want to tell the police?

Room at the Twelves Company

SARC facilities


We understand that you may not want to speak to us about your experience in the first instance. You can still get help and support, even if you don't report what has happened to you to the police.

Sexual assault referral centres (SARCs) can offer free and confidential help, support, examination and counselling.

Within the sexual assault referral centre there are independent sexual violence advisors (ISVAs). An advisor can help you to report what has happened to the police and support you through the criminal justice process.

SARC locations are:

  • Plymouth SARC - Twelves Company - if you are located in Plymouth, North Cornwall, South Hams or West Devon.  Tel: 08458 121212 
  • Devon and Torbay SARC - The Oak Centre - if you are located in Exeter, East or Mid Devon or Teignbridge. Tel: 01392 436967
  • Cornwall SARC - The Willow Centre - if you are located in Cornwall. Tel: 01872 272059

You can also seek help or advice from other services such as counsellors, sexual health centres, (called GU clinics), your GP or a hospital, and Victim Support. Also see our Useful Links section on the bottom right of the screen (you may need to scroll down).

  • Created: 20/04/2009 09:47:47 |
  • Modified: 09/05/2014 11:48:01

Back to top


Back to top

Devon & Cornwall Police, Police Headquarters, Middlemoor, Exeter, Devon, EX2 7HQ
Non-emergency number 101 for Devon & Cornwall Constabulary or Textphone 18001 101
Emergency number 999 or Text 80999 for deaf, hard of hearing and the speech impaired

© Devon & Cornwall Constabulary. All rights reserved.
Devon & Cornwall Police are not responsible for the content of external websites.