We firmly believe that it is communities that ultimately defeat terrorism. You can help us prevent terrorism by remaining alert to suspicious activity and by reporting any suspicious behaviour.
Terrorists need time to plan and prepare their attacks and they have to live somewhere.
- They buy and store materials
- They must fund their activities
- They prepare equipment and weapons
- They may undergo training.
- They may have help from others which may involve people arriving and leaving at unusual times of the day and night.
- They may make unusual financial transactions or use false documents to hide their real identities.
If you witness any suspicious activity, trust your instincts and report it to the police. What may seem insignificant could provide a vital link in a wider investigation. Remember – trust your instincts and report it.
- Call the anti-terrorist hotline on 0800 789 321
- Use the report suspicious behaviour online form