Empty your car before some-one else does – don’t let thieves steal your Christmas.
In the run up to this festive season we are reminding people of the importance of keeping vehicles locked and secure, and to remove all valuables – including your Christmas shopping.
Don’t let thieves steal your Christmas, follow our simple safety advice below.
Top tips to keep your vehicle safe
- Secure doors, windows, boot and sunroof when you leave your vehicle.
- Don’t leave items on display when you leave the car, especially your satellite navigation system. You should also try and remove the mount when your vehicle is unattended. Clean any suction marks if visible from the window.
- When you leave your vehicle, make sure you remove the keys from the ignition.
- If you have to leave items in the vehicle put them in the boot out of sight.
- Always park in a well-lit location that is visible to passers by.
- Have your car windows marked/etched with the vehicle identification number (VIN).
- Never leave car documents or spare keys inside the vehicle.
Want to link to this page use the short cut: www.dc.police.uk/secureyourcar