Mark it. Lock it. Register it. Keep it.
It only takes three steps to deter thieves from stealing your bike.
1. MARK IT
- Marking your bike makes it unique.
- Mark your bike with the appropriate identification to prove its your property (for more details go to the property marking section).
- Photograph your bike and record the number of the bike frame
2. LOCK IT
- Use a quality lock such as an accredited hardened D-shaped lock.
- Keep the gap between the lock and the bike as small as possible and away from the ground so thieves can't attack it easily.
- Lock your bike to a suitable fixed point such as a cycle rack - even if you are leaving it for a short amount of time.
- Remember to secure all removal parts of the bike such as quick release wheels.
3. REGISTER IT
- Register your bike for free at bikeregister.com
- Registration is secure and allows all UK police forces to trace and return stolen property.