If you're worried about someone knowing that you have visited this website please take action to cover your tracks online.
If you are concerned that someone is monitoring your internet usage, your safest option is to access the internet from another place, such as a friend's house, your place of work, an internet cafe or local library.
Cyber-stalking has increased in recent years. Therefore it is important to protect yourself online by being cautious about the information you add and checking your privacy settings to ensure that only the people you want to see the information can.
Some useful tips to help stay safe online:
- Review your privacy settings on social network(s) and make sure they are set to the level most appropriate to protect your privacy.
- Be very careful about the information you post on line and never reveal personal information, e.g. home address, date of birth and phone number.
- Choose a strong password for your account to prevent someone else from accessing it. Do not share passwords.
- Log out of your account when you have finished using the site. Do not allow people to access your profile.
- Don't post what you don't want others to know.
- Never click on links or install applications that are sent to you via unexpected messages.
- Get your friends and family to have a look at your profiles to check that you aren't giving out too much personal information or posting inappropriate photos/films - they might see something you've missed.
- Respect yourself and others online.
- If you are unlucky enough to have a bad online experience, report it to the service provider or to the police.