If you have any concerns
If you believe that someone is at risk of radicalisation you can help them obtain support and prevent them becoming involved in terrorism by raising your concerns and making a referral. You may also have concerns about a potentially vulnerable institution that is being exploited for the purpose of promoting an extremist ideology. In either case a dedicated team is ready to receive and progress the referral.
For referrals in Devon and Cornwall please email prevent Devon and Cornwall. Please include as much detail as you can about the nature of your concerns and about the individual/institution involved.
For safeguarding concerns that are not terrorism related then please email details to the Multi-Agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH) or call 0345 155 1071.
- Prevent tragedies - Created due to increasing concern about the numbers of people who are putting themselves at risk by travelling to Syria and other conflict zones and to help the numbers of families that have been torn apart by fear when their loved ones travel.
- http://www.ltai.info/ - Let’s Talk about It website. Contains detailed information about Prevent, Channel, Travel Advice, Charitable giving advice and a host of useful resources.
- https://www.getsafeonline.org/ - A useful site for internet safety advice on all types of potential safeguarding issues, including terrorism.
- https://www.gov.uk/report-terrorism – Website where you can report terrorist online content
- http://www.360safe.org.uk/ - Award winning E-safety review tool
- http://www.wewillinspire.com/ - A non-governmental advocacy organisation (NGO) working to counter extremism and gender inequality. Aims to empower women to support human rights and to challenge extremism and gender discrimination.
- http://www.familiesmatter.org.uk/ - established in 2007 and is a UK-based organisation providing support to vulnerable families and individuals
- https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice - UK government travel advice