Report illegal content on the internet

The Internet Watch Foundation (IWF) reporting page and CEOP (A national crime agency command)

The Internet Watch Foundation (IWF)The Internet Watch Foundation (IWF)

The Internet Watch Foundation (IWF) is the UK internet Hotline for anyone to report online child sexual abuse imagery and non-photographic child sexual abuse images anonymously. IWF works internationally to make the internet safer. They help victims of child sexual abuse worldwide by identifying and removing online images and videos of their abuse.

If you genuinely stumble across such images accidentally, or are inadvertently exposed to them please report them to the IWF.

How do I report?

Go to the IWF website and complete the step-by-step form. The form is easy to navigate and reports can be submitted anonymously.

Many people contact the police if they want to report potentially illegal content, however as 99% of such content is hosted abroad the majority of complaints of this nature fall outside of the jurisdiction of UK police so referring such reports to the IWF’s website can help to save valuable police time and resources.

Don't ignore child sexual abuse content, report it! to Internet Watch Foundation (IWF)

One to watch: Report child sexual abuse content

Reports from the public helps the IWF to combat this content and where possible, have it removed. This makes the Internet a safer place for everyone.

Child sexual abuse images reflect the real abuse of a child and your reports to the IWF might help the authorities to trace and rescue a young victim from further abuse.

It is an offence to deliberately seek out illegal images and purposely viewing child sexual abuse images can carry a penalty of up to 10 years in prison.

CEOP: A National Crime Agency command

A website for young people where they can learn about being safe online but also report if they have being approached online about sex or are suffering from sexual abuse.

CEOP advise

If someone is making you feel uncomfortable about sex you should report to CEOP. This might be someone:

  • Making you have sex when you donʼt want to
  • Chatting online about sex
  • Asking you to do sexual things on webcam
  • Asking you to meet up if youʼve only met them online
  • Asking for sexual pictures of you
  • Making you feel unsafe

You can also ring 999 if in immediate danger or 101 for advise and to report the abuse to the police.

Content uploaded: |
Content correct on page at last modification date.
Devon and Cornwall Police are NOT accountable for the content of external websites