Ask NED - How can we help?

AskNed full logo Do you need help and advice? Not sure where to look or who to speak to?

Then AskNED, our non–emergency directory. AskNED combines the most commonly asked questions with the contact details of those who can help.

Simply enter your question below, select an area and AskNED will provide the information you need.

Ask the PoliceAskNED includes the Ask the Police database and common questions asked of our partner organisations.

AskNed is the copyright © of Devon and Cornwall Constabulary 2015, all rights reserved

How do I report someone I suspect is driving without an MOT certificate?

Accepted Answer for your location

Relevant locations:

  • National

Driving without an MOT is a criminal offence unless you are driving to a pre-booked MOT test at an approved centre. Failing to have a valid MOT certificate can result in a fine.

If you suspect someone is driving without a MOT certificate, please check the MOT status using the DVLA checker.

If you establish that there is no current MOT for the vehicle , please report this to the police 101 non emergency service. If you use the 101 email you can attach any photographic evidence you may have.

Please include the following information:

  • Location and direction of travel of vehicle when seen
  • When and where they usually drive
  • The make, model and registration (VRM) of the vehicle
  • If the driver is known to the caller, what is the driver's name, address and DOB
  • How the reporting person has become aware of this information
  • Reporting person’s details if they are happy to provide this – name, address, contact number.

Please dial 999 immediately if you are aware of someone currently driving or about to drive without MOT.

People you may want to contact

On this page

Links to addtional Information

AskNed is the copyright © of Devon and Cornwall Constabulary 2015, all rights reserved

AskNED includes the Ask the Police database. Ask the Police copyright is upheld by the ©PNLD

PNLD logo

Content uploaded: |
Content correct on page at last modification date.
Devon and Cornwall Police are NOT accountable for the content of external websites