Contact information for people who are Deaf or hard of hearing

Non-emergency contact

There are many alternatives ways to contact the police for a Non-Emergency situation without needing to call if you are Deaf or hard of hearing and cannot do this:

Devon and Cornwall Police use SignLive which allows us to gain access to BSL interpreters so please if you need us be assured we will take the time to understand your issue.  This is for Non-Emergency use.

To use the service, download the app or visit the SignLive website and select Devon & Cornwall Police from the list of organisations.  A video conversation will begin between a BSL Interpreter and the BSL user, the BSL Interpreter will then contact the force directly and relay the message. 

Minicom/Textphone on 18001 101 or SMS/Text 67101.  These are all received and answered by a member of our team.

WebChat, allows people to talk online directly with our contact centres, it is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and can be used to ask questions, to report non-urgent crime and for updates on existing crime.                     

Report Crime Online - the online crime reporting form enables the person to record all details and to submit the form which is then received by a member of our team.

Email 101 can be used to ask us a question or tell us something. It is monitored daily by contact centre staff who will respond.  


999 Emergency contact

If you are Deaf or hard of hearing and need to contact us in an emergency you can SMS/Text 999, however you must register before you can use this service.  You can register your mobile at any time by visiting the Emergency SMS website. 

How to register for the emergency text service: 

Non Emergency Directory (NED)

Current location: Change

There seems to be a problem, please refresh the page and try again.

©2015 Devon and Cornwall Constabulary

Content uploaded: |
Content correct on page at last modification date.
Devon and Cornwall Police are NOT accountable for the content of external websites