- Devon & Torbay Safeguarding Children Boards
If you are concerned about a child or young person in Devon and want to speak to someone contact our Multi-Agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH) on 0345 155 1071 or email MASH and give as much information as you can.
- Child Protection and Safeguarding
If you wish to report an incidence of abuse or neglect, please contact the Multi Agency Referral Unit (MARU) on: 0300 123 1116 or email MARU.
Isles of Scilly
- Safeguarding Children Board
To the Cornwall and Isles of Scilly Safeguarding Children Board Website
#NeglectMatters Any adult worried about the welfare of a child, or seeking advice on any concern at all, can call
the NSPCC Helpline 24/7 on 0808 800 5000, who work in Partnership with Plymouths Local Safeguarding Childrens Board, alternatively email firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit Local Safeguarding Children board
First Light (hyperlinked to Firstlight )
Based in Plymouth and is the lead agency for Plymouth Sexual Assault Referral Centre. The organisation supports men, women, children and young people who have been affected by rape and serious sexual assault.
- Torbay: Services and Support
- Torbay: Safeguarding Childrens Board
- Torbay Virtually Safe Advice for parents, young people and professionals
- The Sexual Exploitation Service Checkpoint Torbay
The service is available to children, young people and their whole families. The service accepts self-referrals.
South West Safeguarding and Child Protection Procedures
These online procedures are aimed at carers, practitioners and managers to ensure you know what to do when you are worried a child is at risk of harm.
- Southwest Grid for Learning online-safety
- Ann Craft Trust Safeguarding vulnerable adults & disabled children
- Childline 0800 1111
If they won't talk to you suggest they talk to childline calls are free and confidential.
- Childalert: first for child safety
- Childline: Online & mobile safety
- Child labour: What is it?
Childnet International, a non-profit organisation working with others to help make the internet a great and safe place for children. Advice for parents and teachers.
- Child safety week 2015
Child Safety Week is the flagship annual campaign run by the Child Accident Prevention Trust. Lots of useful advice.
- The Children's society/
They fight child poverty.
- Children and Young People Now for everyone working with children, young people and families.
- Disrespect nobody
- Dot Com Children's Foundation
Giving children the tools to cope with risky situations.
- INHOPE: Report Illegal Material
- Youth Spark: Online Safety (Microsoft)
- Embrace: child victims of crime
"We help to take away the hurt, restore self-esteem and bring back smiles to faces. We are working to enhance the safety of young lives – protecting them from harm and reducing their risk of becoming another crime statistic."
Call: 0845 60 999 60
- Get Safe online: Advice for parents on how to keep children safe when they are using the web.
- Google safety tools: Family friendly searching.
- The hideout until children and young people are safe
Women's Aid have created this space to help children and young people to understand domestic abuse, and how to take positive action if it's happening to you.
- Internet safety: CEOP's ThinkuKnow for Parents and Carers!
"Talk to your child about ... webcams..."
- Just for kids law is a UK charity. Just for Kids Law provides advocacy, support and assistance to young people in difficulty; particularly those in trouble with the law, looked after children and those at risk of exclusion from school. We combine specialist legal representation (often pro bono) with individualized packages of support to address the multiple and complex issues that our young people face and that prevents them fully engaging within society. Once their lives are stabilized they work with our opportunities program to get into positive activities including work, education or training.
- Netmums find support near you
- NSPCC Crulty to children must stop. Full Stop
The Underwear Rule: It's PANTS. Teach your child the underwear rule and help protect them from abuse.
- Parents Protect!
Together we can prevent child sexual abuse.
- Parents against child sexual exploitation (PACE)
PACE is the leading national charity working with parents and carers whose children are sexually exploited.
- The parent zone
- Real Love Rocks - Protect against sexual exploitation
- Stop It Now Together we can prevent child sexual abuse. "At Stop it Now! UK and Ireland we understand the struggle. We are ready to help you. We offer confidential help and support. We know people who get help can learn to control their thoughts and behaviours. So please, pick up the phone and call the Stop it Now! freephone confidential helpline on 0808 1000 900 for advice, support and information."
- Social media
Your guide to the social networks your kids use. Stay up to date and keep your child safe in today's digital world
- Switched on Familes: giving parents clear, honest and useful advice on how to keep their kids safe online.
- The Site
A young persons guide to the real world
- The Survivors Trust
A national umbrella agency for over 130 specialist rape, sexual violence and childhood sexual abuse support organisations throughout UK and Ireland.
- Values verse Violence
Values are the fundamental beliefs that we hold about what is important…freedom, democracy, kindness, honesty, integrity. These are all values and it is vital that our children really understand the fundamental beliefs that those around them hold dear.