Anyone wishing to use explosives for the purposes of caving will need an ‘acquire only’ certificate.

If you intend to store explosives you will need an ‘acquire and keep’ certificate. 

Small amounts of explosives can be stored without having to observe separation distances:

  • 200 detonators and 5kg of water-based explosives and detonating cord, or
  • 200 detonators and 5kg of water-based explosives or detonating cord.

However, you must still apply (form ER2) for a police licensed store.

Certificates and licenses are subject to fees.


Explosives Licensing team
Firearms and Explosives Licensing Unit
Devon & Cornwall Police
Middlemoor, Exeter
Tel: 01392 226221

Non Emergency Directory (NED)

Current location: Change

This will show message with reason why something didn't work...

Content uploaded: |
Content correct on page at last modification date.
Devon and Cornwall Police are NOT accountable for the content of external websites