Your right to information

In this section you will find information about us. If you can't find what you are looking for please try AskNed or the FOI section.

Information about you

Personal data

Some UK employers may ask you for a copy of your criminal record, or proof that you don’t have one. Select the link on Data Protection on how to apply for your personal data.

Police Certificate

Police Certificates say whether or not you have a criminal record. They are required if you plan to emmigrate to some countries, including: Australia, Belgium, Canada, New Zealand, South Africa and the United States of America. We do not issue Police Certificates. They are issued by the NPCC Criminal Records Office (ACRO). Please direct all enquiries regarding Police Certificates to ACRO.

Decriminalised offences

Historical convictions for consensual gay sex with a person aged 16 or over are now treated as ‘spent’ and do not show up on criminal record checks, under the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012. As a result, individuals can apply to the Home Secretary to have their convictions disregarded.

Information about Devon & Cornwall Police

Freedom of Information (FOI) / Disclosures

The Freedom of Information (FOI) Act 2000 gives you a right of access to recorded information held by Devon & Cornwall Police, subject to certain exemptions.

Devon & Cornwall’s Freedom of Information Unit publishes all Disclosures on this website. Please check the FOI Publication Scheme and Disclosure Log to see if the information you are requesting has previously been answered and published.

General performance information including crime statistics

Please visit the Our performance section.

Content uploaded: |
Content correct on page at last modification date.
Devon and Cornwall Police are NOT accountable for the content of external websites