If you would be interested in becoming a puppy walker, you will need to be:
- Prepared to live with a lively and strong puppy.
- Live in Devon or Cornwall
- Own no other dogs so the puppy can grow up standing on its own feet and does not end up romping with other dogs during its crucial period of physical development.
- Have your own transport so that you and the puppy can attend our fortnightly development sessions, which are usually held at Exeter and Plymouth.
- Have an enclosed garden
- And have someone always at home so that the puppy is never left on its own beyond 2 hours.
Food, equipment, veterinary care, is all provided by the force but unfortunately we cannot currently fund travelling costs to our fortnightly training sessions.
Anyone interested should contact Jen our kennel person on 01392 226399 who works Monday to Friday 8am to 4pm. She is often out of the office but if you leave a message on the answer machine she will take your details and forward an application form to you if you leave your name and address.
Or, you can contact Canine Development Officer, Paul Glennon, direct on: 07494 407037.
For more information on what is involved at the fortnightly puppy walking meetings please read Paul Glennon’s blog.
Or follow the Force dogs on Twitter @DC_PoliceDogs.