Commitment: We will deliver sustainable, consistent, service levels
- We will maintain the highest professional and ethical standards
- We will provide a timely, professional, caring and courteous service to both priority and non-priority calls received at our enquiry centre
- We will listen to you and take your concerns seriously
- We will treat you with respect and courtesy at all times
- We will respond appropriately
- We will aim to answer emergency 999 calls within 10 seconds
- All emergency calls will be prioritised and if appropriate we will aim to attend within 20 minutes of dispatch
- If your non urgent call is a high priority we will aim to answer in 5 minutes, for all other non urgent calls we will aim to answer in 20 minutes.
- We will offer useful advice detailing other contact options if you are in a queue
- We will aim to respond to your on-line contact to email 101 or via our online crime reporting system within 24 hours
- Where appropriate we will aim to respond to your letters and other written correspondence within 28 days and where the matter is more complex, update you at least every 28 days
- You will be offered an appointment in your local area if this is considered suitable
Commitment: We will tell you who we are, what we are doing and how you can contact us in your community
You will be able to easily find up to date information about your local policing team, how to contact them and what they are working on through our website.
You can expect to find out:
- Who is in your local policing team
- How to contact them
- Opportunities to meet the local team
- Information about local policing priorities
We will publish accurate, informative and up to date information about what is happening in your neighbourhood and across the Force
We have 8 enquiry offices across Devon and Cornwall which will be open to the public at the times listed on our website.
Commitment: We will carry out our duties competently and responsibly
- We will support our Victims and Witnesses
- We aim for all victims to have their needs assessed, if they are in agreement we will provide details of the support which is available through our Victim Care Unit
- We will adhere to the standards set out in the Victims’ Code, we aim to support victims of crime according to need and to keep them updated about the progression of their case
- We will adhere with the standards set out in the Witness Charter and aim to provide the help and support you can expect to receive at every stage of the process.
- We will treat those under investigation professionally and keep them updated
- We will ensure that those under investigation are dealt with in a professional, timely manner in line with national guidance
- We will ensure that suspects are kept informed of progress in their case and supported where appropriate
Commitment: We will work in an open and fair way
- We will continue to be transparent
- We will publish information on how we are performing every month on our force website
- We will listen to your feedback
- If you feel that we haven’t met the standards or are unsatisfied with the service you have received we will listen to your compliments and concerns, and respond within 28 days.