A decision has been made to suspend Lay Observation patrols due to unprecedented times. This is a temporary suspension of the scheme in order to comply with Public Health England advice regarding Covid-19.
Out on patrol in Plymouth
- You will be asked below to confirm your acceptance of the indemnity form and you need to think carefully before applying as you may be exposed to upsetting incidents such as road accidents involving deaths or injured children. We will always try to keep you away from upsetting incidents but your officers could be first on scene before we have established the nature of the incident.
- Please read and understand the Security of Information form.
- Please read and understand both risk assessments one for when you are on foot and the other in a vehicle.
- You will also need to agree to us conducting a background check on you.
- You will work with an experienced officer who will keep you safe but to stay safe you must do exactly what they say.
If you are NOT happy with the above three conditions please do not apply to join us on patrol, but we thank you for taking an interest.