There may be times when you are in the house by yourself, so remember: These top tips can help you to keep safe in your house:
- Lock the door behind you and put the keys somewhere safe rather than leaving them in the door.
- If someone does knock on the door, ask who it is before opening it. Ask for identification cards from anyone claiming to be from a company.
- Don't tell anyone who phones or comes to the door that you are by yourself. If necessary, say that an adult is in the shower or asleep upstairs.
- Don't give your name or number when answering the phone.
- Keep emergency numbers handy, just in case you need them.
Home alone: signed for the deaf or hard of hearing
Stephanie Hill explains how to stay safe when you are at home alone
Content uploaded: 29/07/2015 17:47 | Modified: 30/07/2015 16:55